Carpenters / Residential Builders
Knickerbocker Group is seeking full time carpenters to work in the Boothbay and Greater Portland regions. This individual will collaborate with the project team to build, install, and repair building frameworks and structures.
Job responsibilities include:
- Read and interpret blueprints, drawings, and sketches to understand project specifications and take instruction from project supervisors to meet project needs.
- Take measurements and calculate the size and amount of material needed.
- Cut shape and smooth lumber and other materials according to measurements.
- Install materials per manufacturer recommendations.
- Construct building frameworks, including walls, floors, and door frames.
- Utilize finish carpentry tools and techniques as well as levels and surveying equipment to ensure all is level and secure.
- Inspect and replace damaged framework or other structures and fixtures.
The ideal candidate must:
- Have a strong understanding of the construction process.
- Have experience with a wide variety of construction materials.
- Be competent with basic power tools.
- Be competent in interpreting construction drawings/ sketches/ shop drawings/ specifications/ product data
- Have a valid driver’s license. Travel to job sites is required.
Required education and experience:
- High School diploma and/or technical education in a construction related field or the equivalent in experience required.
- Minimum of 2 years of carpentry experience in the construction industry, preferably working on high-end residential projects.
Knickerbocker Group is an employee-owned (ESOP), award-winning design-build firm offering architecture, interior design, and construction services for custom homes and commercial spaces throughout Maine. With offices in Boothbay and Portland, we are a group of inspired collaborators who are committed to craft and creativity, from design to implementation in the field. Our work is renowned for its rooted-in-Maine quality and recognized nationally. Our employee-owners are fueled by continuous learning, interdisciplinary brainstorming (e.g., designer+mason+carpenter), and passion for fine-tuning the design-build process. With 45 years of experience, we seamlessly provide the highest level of product and service to our clients.
As a 100% employee-owned company, we strive for balance. We value spending time with our families, being active in our communities, and celebrating all Maine has to offer. Knickerbocker Group has repeatedly been recognized as a Best Place to Work in Maine and as both Best Architect and Best Builder in Maine by Down East magazine. We like to work hard and play hard too. If you’re excited to join a team of amazing people who work together on top tier residential and commercial projects, you’ve come to the right place!
Our full-time employees enjoy the following benefits:
- Excellent Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance with employee premiums paid by company
- Health Savings Account option
- 401K Retirement Plan with 3% employer contribution
- Life, Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Insurance at no expense
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Stock Ownership Program
- Generous Paid Time Off and Holidays
- Generous Parental Leave
- Continuing Education and Professional Licensing Reimbursement
Knickerbocker Group is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or veteran status.
To apply for this position, please fill out an application on our job board.